Monday, August 4, 2008

8/4 SAT WORK ( First Session)

BOOK: 7 Days to a Better SAT Score

SECTIONS: Two Math Sections in their "Full Length SAT"

SCORE: 
First Section: 17/20
Second Section: 18/20

TIME:
First Section: I didn't time myself so i went at a nice pace, not really going fast at all
Funny thing that when i ended, it had been 25 minutes on the dot .___.
Second Section: Didn't time myself at all.

INCORRECT ANSWERS:
First Section:
1. If x^2-w^2=57 and x+w=19, what is the value of x-w?

2.The product of two numbers that differ by 2 is w. If x is the smaller number, then in terms of w, what is the larger number?


               3.


I got the first problem wrong because i simply didn't know how to do it. I first tried systems of equations and squared x+w=19 to cancel out w. But it still didn't work so i decided to skip it.
All i need to remember is to break down the proble
m into (x-w)(x+w)=57 and then substitution!

I got the second problem wrong because i didn't
 understand it. I thought it was a trick question and i answered w+2
I need to call you and ask you about this one.

I got the third problem wrong because i could not figure out how to get f or g. All you have to do is a big system of equations.

Second Section:
                                         1.


I got the first problem wrong for two reasons:
-I read the chart horizontally rather than vertically
-My approach to the problem is wrong, meaning that i was looking for the the biggest difference in dropouts (which would have lead me to the write answer anyways if i hadn't read the chart wrong) rather than adding all the patient dropouts for the week.

I got the second probelm wrong because :
- i don't understand what exterior angles are

1 comment:

KVK said...

AWESOME AWESOME entry

great work. you're well on your way to perfecting this stuff